FR2 Pro EVO
Freeride | All-Mountain | BX | Soft-boot Carving
The soft-boot binding market has long suffered from a dearth of innovative products catering to freeriding and soft-boot carving riders. Six years ago CATEK introduced the ground-breaking Freeride binding to provide a high performance, highly adjustable binding option. The Freerides provided a powerful ride, and leveraged our patented Quick Cant tilt system to give soft boot riders the same tunability that alpine riders enjoyed with our Olympic Series plate bindings.
Our original Freeride 2 was a "board-up" overhaul
of our Freeride series. We added numerous features and finesse and
at the same time cut the product weight by 25% and increased the performance. The new 2008/09 CATEK FR2 Pro EVO bindings represent a further refinement of the platform. We've bested the performance and comfort of last year's LIMITED model at a lower price point. New, high quality, anatomically
shaped leather and textile straps with improved buckles and
a flexible conventional/cap toe strap complement the FR2’s
performance and provide improved fit, comfort, durability and performance. A rigid nylon highback offers direct power transmission and all-day comfort.
We've also refined numerous areas of
the binding baseplate to increase strength and durability.
A simplified and strengthened toe strap mounting system offers increased durability and performance. Large size bindings will ship with a redesigned Toe Strap Extender to ensure optimal strap fit even with very large boot sizes. In short, the FR2 continues its evolution as the highest performance soft binding on the market.
- Rigid aluminum construction for incredible power transfer
- Our patented Quick Cant tilt system provides unmatched, independent anatomical cant and lift adjustability
- Patented CATEK True Flex 4x4 pattern mounting disc
- Infinite, repeatable angle adjustments
- New burly machined heel cup carrier blocks and stronger heel cups
- Multiple highback rotation options
- Extensive boot size and centering options
- Width adjustable toe strap mounting
- Machined aluminum toe ramps
- Zero-wear stainless steel tilt cups (no divots, no disc marring, just bomb-proof tilt screw engagement)
- Kingpin/Spherical nut o-ring lock system keeps the system tight on the gnarliest high vibration snow surfaces
- "Dip Stick" quick cant/lift differential measurement gauge – easily check and replicate your tilt settings
- Perimeter contouring minimizes drag
- Machined aircraft aluminum with anodized finish and laser engraving
The FR2 Pro EVOs come standard with our D3 Elastomer System, which provides a full isolation layer that completely eliminates any metal-to-board contact points. This provides excellent vibration damping, while retaining a precise feel. The D3 are complex molded parts made from a high performance silicone material; the D3 Disc is 70 durometer and provides firm support under the mounting disc, while the softer 40 durometer D3 Power Plate pads are specifically engineered and shaped to provide a progressive distribution of pressure at the perimeter of the Power Plate. Additionally, a raised "ring" in the center of the D3 Disc directly supports the spherical nut, and the disc "grips" the mounting screws, thereby eliminating the need for threadlock on the mounting screws. The D3 Power Plate pads are designed to grip the Power Plate.